Greek Yoghurt Blueberry Scones
Fresh, warm scones are delicious for breakfast or with your afternoon tea!
Recipe from Baker By Nature
Ingredients (8 scones):
190 grams all-purpose flour
130 grams whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
50 grams granulated sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
115 grams unsalted butter, very cold and cut into small pieces
1 large egg. beaten
1/2 cup Lite or Thick & Creamy Unsweetened Greek Style Yoghurt
3 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
For the egg wash:
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp milk or water
1. Preheat your oven to 205°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and lemon zest. Mix together.
3. Cut the butter into small cubes, then work it into the dry mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, milk, vanilla extract and egg. Add it to the flour and butter mix, using a fork to combine everything until just moistened.
5. With a spatula, add in the blueberries and gently fold them into the dough.
6. Pour the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a 8-inch/20 cm circle. Cut it into 8 wedges and carefully transfer to the baking sheet.
7. Lightly brush each scone with the egg wash, before baking them for 18-20 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown.
8. Let them cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!