Baked Apple Chips With Caramel Yoghurt Dip
Make a tasty and crunchy snack for your next movie night!
(Recipe and photo from Buzzfeed)
For the Apple Chips:
2 Granny Smith apples
1 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of cinnamon
For the Yoghurt Dip:
1 cup of Thick & Creamy or Lite Unsweetened Greek Style Yoghurt
1/4 cup of coconut or light brown sugar
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 105°C (gas mark 1/4).
2. Cut the apples in thin slices and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss the slices with honey and cinnamon.
3. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and place the slices on a single layer.
4. Bake the apples for about 90 minutes or until they are dry and crispy. Set aside to cool.
5. Heat the sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a small pan over medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved and bubbly, around 1 minute.
6. Remove the syrup from the heal and pour it over the yoghurt. Mix until it is combined and let it chill until it is ready to be served.